Saranac Synagogue News: Shabbos Vayakhel – Shekalim (February 25-19, 2022 / 17-18 Adar I, 5782)

david.and...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2022, 5:14:30 PM2/25/22
to sar...@googlegroups.com, North Buffalo Jews

Saranac Synagogue News: Shabbos Vayakhel – Shekalim (February 25-19, 2022 / 17-18 Adar I, 5782)

Shalom Aleichem! We wish everyone a pleasant Shabbos!

·         Shabbos services are suspended until further notice. Please attend the synagogue of your choice. Good Shabbos!

Friday: Candle lighting: 5:41 PM, Shabbos begins: 5:59 PM.

Saturday: Zeman Shema: before 9:42 AM;   Zeman Tefilah: before 10:37 AM.

Chatzos 12:29 PM, Mincha Gedolah, 12:57 PM. Mincha Ketana, 3:43 PM, Plag Hamincha, 4:52 PM. Sunset is 6:01 PM.

Shabbos ends: Shul tradition, 60 min.: 7:01 PM.   42 min.: 6:44 PM.  72 min.: 7:14 PM.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

·         If you haven’t heard through other sources, we wish Shimon and Devorah Leah Kaduri and family a huge mazel tov on the bris of their son Baruch Mordechai! Ad me’ah v’esrim, im Torah, chuppah, u’ma’asim tovim!

The Parshah in a Nutshell

Vayakhel

Exodus 35:1–38:20

Moses assembles the people of Israel and reiterates to them the commandment to observe the Shabbat. He then conveys Gds instructions regarding the making of the Mishkan (Tabernacle). The people donate the required materials in abundance, bringing gold, silver and copper; blue-, purple- and red-dyed wool; goat hair, spun linen, animal skins, wood, olive oil, herbs and precious stones. Moses has to tell them to stop giving.

A team of wise-hearted artisans make the Mishkan and its furnishings (as detailed in the previous Torah readings of Terumah, Tetzaveh and Ki Tisa): three layers of roof coverings; 48 gold-plated wall panels, and 100 silver foundation sockets; the parochet (veil) that separates between the Sanctuary’s two chambers, and the masach (screen) that fronts it; the ark, and its cover with the cherubim; the table and its showbread; the seven-branched menorah with its specially prepared oil; the golden altar and the incense burned on it; the anointing oil; the outdoor altar for burnt offerings and all its implements; the hangings, posts and foundation sockets for the courtyard; and the basin and its pedestal, made out of copper mirrors.

This week’s Torah reading also includes Parshat Shekalim (Exodus 30:11–16), which speaks of the half-shekel each Jew contributed to the Sanctuary.

©Copyright, all rights reserved. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further, provided that you comply with Chabad.org's copyright policy.

Regards,

David Kunkel, Media Coordinator / Webmaster / Gabbai, for
Shmuel Rashkin, President   •   Bob Alt, Vice President

The Saranac Synagogue

Congregation Achei Tmimim   •   85 Saranac Ave   •   Buffalo, NY 14216

www.saranacsynagogue.org   •  www.facebook.com/saranacsynagogue

Donate to the Shul (NOT ON SHABBOS OR HOLIDAYS PLEASE!)   •   http://tinyurl.com/donate2saranac

image001.jpg
image002.gif