Vayikra-23-83.docx

David Kunkel

Mar 24, 2023, 6:26:54 PM3/24/23
to sar...@googlegroups.com, North Buffalo Jews, Dorian Kunkel (dorian.kunkel@gmail.com)

Saranac Synagogue News: Shabbos Vayikra (March  24-25, 2023 / 2-3 Nissan, 5783)

Shalom Aleichem!

We expect to have a minyan this Shabbos. Please join us promptly at 9:30 AM.

Please help us start on time!

There will be a lovely kiddush in Shul after services.

Friday: Candle lighting: 7:14 PM, Shabbos begins: 7:34 PM.

Saturday: We expect a minyan this Shabbos. Davening starts at 9:30 AM.

Zeman Shema: before 10:15 AM;   Zeman Tefilah: before 11:17 AM.

Sunset is 7:34 PM. Shabbos ends: Shul tradition, 60 min.: 8:34 PM. 42 min.: 8:16 PM; 72 min.: 8:46 PM.

Announcements:

     From now until the Omer begins, , we don’t say Tachanun or Av Harachamim or Tzidkascha Tzedek.

     THANK YOU to all who made this three-peat minyan possible!!

     Welcome back to town, Shmuel Rashkin!

The Parshah in a Nutshell

Vayikra

Leviticus 1:1–5:26

The name of the Parshah, “Vayikra,” means “And [He] called” and it is found in Leviticus 1:1.

Gd calls to Moses from the Tent of Meeting, and communicates to him the laws of the korbanot, the animal and meal offerings brought in the Sanctuary. These include:

•  The “ascending offering” (olah) that is wholly raised to Gd by the fire atop the altar;

•  Five varieties of “meal offering” (minchah) prepared with fine flour, olive oil and frankincense;

•  The “peace offering” (shelamim), whose meat was eaten by the one bringing the offering, after parts are burned on the altar and parts are given to the kohanim (priests);

•  The different types of “sin offering” (chatat) brought to atone for transgressions committed erroneously by the high priest, the entire community, the king or the ordinary Jew;

•  The “guilt offering” (asham) brought by one who has misappropriated property of the Sanctuary, who is in doubt as to whether he transgressed a divine prohibition, or who has committed a “betrayal against Gd” by swearing falsely to defraud a fellow man.

Parshah in a Nutshell is copyrighted by its author, publisher and/or Chabad.org, and is produced by Chabad.org. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further, provided that you do not revise any part of it, and you include this note, credit the author, and link to www.chabad.org. If you wish to republish this article in a periodical, book, or website, please email permi...@chabad.org.

Regards,

David Kunkel, Media Coordinator / Webmaster / Gabbai, for
Shmuel Rashkin, President   •   Bob Alt, Vice President

The Saranac Synagogue

Congregation Achei Tmimim   •   85 Saranac Ave   •   Buffalo, NY 14216

www.saranacsynagogue.org   •  www.facebook.com/saranacsynagogue

Donate to the Shul (NOT ON SHABBOS OR HOLIDAYS PLEASE!)   •   http://tinyurl.com/donate2saranac