Potential loss of part of the 1296 MHz band

Dr. Rich Russel

Dec 1, 2023, 4:16:22 PM12/1/23
to SARA Listserv
FYI

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Myron Babcock <kl7yy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2023 at 12:17:21 PM MST
Subject: Re: [DSES] FW: Potential loss of part of the 1296 MHz band

Thanks, Rick, for passing this on to DSES.  Once again, the ham frequencies are being threatened by the deep pockets of international industry & governments.

Myron
KL7YY

On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 6:52 PM Richard Hambly, K0GD <k0...@cnssys.com> wrote:

All,

I was on a Zoom meeting with my friends at the National Capital DX Association this evening and I received a warning that we could be losing the 1296 MHz band to new navigation satellite services in Europe, China and Russia. The link below takes you to the draft presentation being developed now in the IARU.

Rick

K0GD