ezWhen Use Example

tedcl...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 7:19:34 PMJun 7
to Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers

On Wednesday night I used ezWhen to optically find the dim Comet C/2023 A3.
This is a simple and maybe handy example of the free ezWhen software program.

The ezWhen program calculates,   WHEN   is a sky object visible ?

To study the cross sections of the Milky Way Galaxy, I used ezWhen to schedule my tracked data collecting.

I attach a PDF with images.

---
Ted Cline
TedClineGit at gmail.com

ezWhenExample240607a.pdf

Don Latham

Jun 8, 2024, 11:52:26 AMJun 8
to sara
Another great app!!!

Jun 11, 2024, 4:02:58 PMJun 11
to Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers

Here is a second ezWhen program example.

For here in Berthoud, Colorado USA,
when and where in the sky are 6 interesting Galactic plane points
(Galactic Longitudes 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100)
for today, marked with UTC hours ?

From the Windows command,
      py  ..\ezRA\ezWhen.py  Gp0p0  Gp0p20  Gp0p40  Gp0p60  Gp0p80  Gp0p100
here is the view of the sky above, as if you were lying on the ground, with your feet toward the south.

ezWhen300azElPZ240611.png

The plot's "A7" says the Milky Way's Galactic center (Gp0p0) would be highest in the southern sky (about 20 degrees elevation) at about 0700 UTC time.