Detection of the pulsar B0329+54 with a 1.9-m dish!

Job Geheniau

May 21, 2022, 9:29:44 AM5/21/22
to Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers

Detection of the pulsar B0329+54 with a 1.9-m dish.

Everything indicates that I may have been able to detect the pulsar B0329+54 with JRT [Job's Radio Telescope]. This dish has a diameter of max 1.9 meters, which would make it the first time this pulsar has been detected with a dish of this size as far as I can tell. This result was obtained thanks to the good help and software of Michiel Klaassen.

B0329P54 2.jpg

The whole explanation is attached as PDF!

Job Geheniau

The Netherlands

jobge...@gmail.com

SARA_Pulsar ENG.docx

Michiel Klaassen

May 21, 2022, 2:13:25 PM5/21/22
to sara-list
Hi Job,
That is a promising result.
I see a dark line in the period time plot and in the spectrum plot.
I hope you can give us more positive results and so give confirmation of the system/method you are using.
regards,
Michiel
ps; your attached file is a docx; not a pdf

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sara-list/8c1a0dc5-fd7f-483a-932b-a86af1892464n%40googlegroups.com.

Job Geheniau

May 21, 2022, 6:12:29 PM5/21/22
to Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers
oops very sloppy. Docx ...tss here the pdf easier reading. My fault.

Op zaterdag 21 mei 2022 om 20:13:25 UTC+2 schreef vmin...@gmail.com:
SARA_Pulsar ENG.pdf