High Velocity Cloud MII - JRT

Job Geheniau

May 3, 2022, 6:25:53 PM5/3/22
to Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers
From Valencia (vacation cottage in the mountains) remote aimed the Dutch JRT dish at a difficult little object.
High Velocity Cloud MII.
The brightness temperature is quite low to say the least (1.5 K according to Argelander), but it looks pretty convincing that I've got the object, with a small deviation (dip) at about -30 km/s. 4 hours of observation time.
I wanted to share this again. Perhaps one of you can also point the dish at this object, see if there are corresponding results. 11H01M16S  /  36D03M58S
I find these High Velocity Clouds very interesting, partly due to the fact that they have something 'magical', what exactly are they, and that they are not the easiest objects to detect, which makes everything a challenge. The dish has of course been aimed at various HVCs more than once, sometimes with results, often not. All conditions are interrelated.

Job Geheniau - The Netherlands
HVC_MII_April2020_Final2.jpg