Bug XLSX Workbench form already exists

Ariel

Oct 19, 2020, 9:57:45 AM10/19/20
to XLSX Workbench
Hi Igor,
First of all, let me congratulate you for your magnificent work!!
I'm applying your solution to a second program and founded a little bug:
The bug occurs once I've created a form, went to save it but decided to abort the process on the transport selection. I left the program and once i returned to it and wanted to create again the form (same name used before, but not saved on transport) I got a message telling me that the form already exists:

1- Message on Creation of the Form
bug create form.JPG
2- Message on  Edit Form:
bug edit form.JPG
3- Message on Delete Form:
bug delete form.JPG

I ran the debugger (on the creation action) and saw that the problem occurs when calling the function wwwdata_import.
bug code located.JPG

I went to the package to see if there was a delete function:
imagen.png
I ran it and the problem was solved!  (i could enter the name again).
I'm not sure the solution is 100% correct but it solves the problem I'm getting.

 I think that it should be proper to add a validation once we are leaving the workbench. If the form wasn't saved on a transport (or as a local object) all the data regarding the current form should be deleted.

Again thanks for your amazing job!

Best regards,

Ariel

Igor

Oct 20, 2020, 7:45:17 AM10/20/20
to XLSX Workbench
Hi Ariel,
First of all, thank you for participation.
Unfortunately pictures in Your message are not displayed, but I did a little investigation based on Your description.

This error caused by bug in standard FM 'EXPORT_WEB_OBJECT'.

There It would be right to swap order of calling FMs.
Calling of  'RS_CORR_INSERT' should be BEFORE calling of couple FMs 'WWWPARAMS_UPDATE' + 'WWWDATA_EXPORT'

As result, when the exception OBJECT_LOCKED is being raised, MIME-data is being exported in database WWWDATA(IT) without adding record to Directory of Repository Objects (TADIR table).

Of course, I could just remove such MIME-objects from database while processing, but it would be risky (risk of deleting MIME the user needs). Maybe it would be better to rise the popup screen for confirmation before such MIME deleting. Another solution is adding entry to TADIR .
I will think about it and fix the bug in future versions.

Best regards, Igor.
понедельник, 19 октября 2020 г. в 16:57:45 UTC+3, Ariel: