Old form appears 'non editable'

Victor Gonzalez

Oct 4, 2023, 5:38:40 AM10/4/23
to XLSX Workbench
Hi Igor,

First of all, thanks for your great work!

I installed your solution (version 5.0) and created a form in 2021, with just a few fields as header, a table that added multiple lines, and a footer. Nothing too complicated. I also created a test form with a couple of fields, which also worked fine.

Now I was checking this again, and I found the excel screen was not inside the SAP screen, I was able to fix this from other people questions.
Once fixed, I open them but I can't edit them. As when you open an excel file that is not enabled for editing.

I tried creating a new form and works fine, I can edit it fine, add new texts, fields, etc... but not for those older ones.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong? I tried debugging the opening/loading process but didn't see any error happening.

Thanks in advance!!
Victor

Igor

Nov 14, 2023, 11:14:21 AM11/14/23
to XLSX Workbench
Hi Victor,
Apologies for the delayed response.
Unfortunately, I have no idea about the situation then the code wasn't changed, but result is different.
  • Regarding "Inplace mode" (inside SAP screen) / "floating mode" (separate application window): You can manage it by passing abap_true or abap_false to importing parameter IV_VIEWER_INPLACE of function module ZXLWB_CALLFORM
  • Regarding protection file from editing: please check that the option Sheet protection in the Sheet component is disabled. Also check that the importing parameter IV_PROTECT of function module ZXLWB_CALLFORM is not filled.
Best regards,
Igor

среда, 4 октября 2023 г. в 12:38:40 UTC+3, Victor Gonzalez:

Victor Gonzalez

Nov 16, 2023, 12:43:27 PM11/16/23
to XLSX Workbench
Hi Igor,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I discovered I could not edit the form because my company has set the Sensitivity label in Excel as something obligatory. Since my form was created before this obligation, it didn't have this label. Once I set the Sensitivity label for the Excel template I was able to edit again the form.

Thanks for your help and your great tool!
Victor