பொறியாளர் தினம் (செப்டம்பர் 15)

N. Ganesan

Sep 15, 2021, 10:38:40 AM9/15/21
to Santhavasantham
பொறியாளர் தினம் (செப்டம்பர் 15)
-------------------------------
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-15 at 5.43.56 AM.jpeg
https://twitter.com/naa_ganesan/status/1438146507329343489
Today is September 15th, and traditionally celebrated as Engineers Day in India. On this Engineers day, Google once celebrated with its doodle on Mokshagundam Visvesvarayyya's painting commemorating his memory. Thanks to the leadership shown by pioneer Engineers and Technocrats like Sir MV, we have Bangalore as the Silicon Valley of India. MV was awarded with the highest civilian award, Bharata Rathna in 1955. MV was involved in Bangalore's growth heavily. Hindustan Aeronautics, and IISc founded by Tatas had a big help and plan from Sri. MV. After Guindy Engg., IISc was my alma mater and I had a f good chance to see Bangalore growing thanks to pioneers like Sir Mokshagundam laid the foundations. Today, India makes about $ 200 billions a year from IT industry. Young and future engineers of India will make India a prosperous nation, and uplift it from poverty, and raise the standard of living for crores of people more and more.

CM Gundu Rao helped in early days of Bangalore. I must say the Dravida parties' leaders failed to grasp the impact of IT on the economy. Otherwise, Madras would be the IT capital, and Bangalore will be in the second position. Realizing this lack of interest, Bangalore political leaders played their cards well, and made Bangalore possible.

Two engineers, our vice-chancellors, prof. V. C. Kulandaiswamy and prof. M. Ananthakrishnan come to mind. I, along with friends, was fortunate to work with them in making Unicode encoding as THE standard for Tamil language in Facebook, Whatsapp in mobile phones etc., It was a personal proud moment when I was given Prof. V. C. Kulandaiswamy award (Rs. 1 lakh) at a function held at Anna University from C. Rangarajan, RBI Governor and ex Governor of Tamil Nadu.

Prof. VCK,
http://www.annauniv.edu/cpde/Forms/BIO/VCK_Bio-Data.pdf
His speeches, and function:
http://nganesan.blogspot.com/2013/08/dr-vck-at-thennilai.html

தமிழ் பிராமி எழுத்து: இணையத்தில் தொல்காப்பியத்துப் புள்ளி (Tamil Brahmi's Tolkappiyar PuLLi in Unicode)
http://nganesan.blogspot.com/2021/06/unicode-only-encoding-for-tamil.html

N. Ganesan
Space Engineer,
Houston, TX, USA
http://nganesan.blogspot.com

Ramamoorthy Ramachandran

Sep 15, 2021, 10:19:11 PM9/15/21
to Santhavasantham
பொறியாளர் நாள்  நல்வாழ்த்துகள்! - புலவர்

N. Ganesan

Sep 15, 2021, 11:33:19 PM9/15/21
to Santhavasantham
On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 9:19 PM Ramamoorthy Ramachandran <rawmu...@gmail.com> wrote:
பொறியாளர் நாள்  நல்வாழ்த்துகள்! - புலவர்

Sri. T. S. Subramanian, The Hindu & Frontline wrote to me:
Madras/Chennai has really lost out to Bangalore and Hyderabad because of the Dravidian parties’ rule from 1967.
 For instance, we have only one CVRDE of the DRDO at Avadi in Chennai, an IIT Madras, and BHEL in Tiruchi and Ranipet.
  In contrast, Bangalore has CAIR, DEBEL, ADA, ADE, GTRE, CABS and so on, all huge facilities belonging to DRDO.
   Besides, Bangalore has massive PSUs such as BHEL, BEL, NAL, BEML, NGEF, BDL etc.. It has the prestigious ISRO headquarters, U R Rao Satellite Centre, ISITE etc..
  In education, Bangalore has overtaken Chennai with its IISC, National Centre for Biology, NIAS, National Law College, Raman Research Institute, excellent private universities, and so on.
Bangalore is overtaking Chennai in medical education and hospitals too. It has become an important educational centre like Pune. Chennai, Tiruchi, Palayamcottah etc. have lost out in education to Bangalore, Hyderabad, Gwalior and Roorkee.
    Bangalore has massive IT offices, aerospace industries, Bosch, Siemens and countless big MNCs.
   The list is equally big for Hyderabad and New Delhi.
   Our Dravidian parties’ politicians can only talk, talk, talk blah, blah, blah, and the Tamilians will be enthralled.
T S Subramanian.