The latest on Saturday

FLYC Telltale

Mar 30, 2012, 12:06:21 PM3/30/12
to santana2...@googlegroups.com

Hey everybody, It doesn’t look like this storm is backing down. This is the latest advisory from NOAA below. As of now, we (Reaction) will not plan to race Saturday. I’m going to head to the lake this afternoon to take the cover off of the boat so it doesn’t get shredded in the wind. I’ll also be heading back to the lake Saturday morning just to check on things. Some have mentioned getting in a practice day on Sunday which I would certainly be interested in but understand that it won’t be a FLYC race. If the conditions are not safe Saturday and/or no one shows up to race then the race will be cancelled. There is no postponement or re-schedule. Let me know if you’d be interested in a practice day on Sunday and we’ll run it like a beer can race day maybe do some crew swapping for training etc.

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 7 PM PDT SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WIND

ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 7 PM PDT SATURDAY.

* WINDS: SOUTH WINDS 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.

* TIMING: STRONGEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED LATE SATURDAY MORNING INTO

  SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: SACRAMENTO...STOCKTON...MODESTO...FAIRFIELD

* IMPACTS: WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT AND CAN

  DOWN TREE LIMBS WHICH MAY LEAD TO LOCAL POWER OUTAGES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR

HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION.

Gary-Stinger

Mar 31, 2012, 3:02:48 AM3/31/12
to Santana 20 - Fleet 12
Stinger (Gary, Phil & Scott) has also decided to skip the racing on
Saturday. And, we will definitely be out practicing on Sunday. Our
plan is to meet at the ramp at 12:30, to give the weather a chance to
clear, and so we don't have to bother with packing lunches. Crew
swapping sounds good to us -- we're breaking in a new crew, so we'll
have a fourth available for rotation.