New Santana 20 owner for Fleet 12...

pqbon

May 10, 2012, 3:43:40 PM5/10/12
to santana2...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm Will and I just purchased a Santana 20...

I just purchased hull #695 (currently, Fast Eddie). I've been crewing on Santana 20s (at least 4 different boats) for a bit now.

I've done most of my 20 sailing with Jim and Lana but I've spent some time on Mark's Reaction and Mark's Fusion and Mack's Castle Bravo.

My intention is to race and teach my kids to sail.

For now the boat is at Folsom Lake. I hope to keep it there but may have to bring it home until a spot in dry storage opens up.

My biggest problem is I bought a boat that was completely ready to go so there isn't anything for me to do to it before calling it done. (Thanks Todd!)

The only things I "need" are the expensive extras: ProStart, Outboard, Cover with 1,000 volt bird repellent option...

My first race will probably be the single handed race - if I manage to keep the boat at the lake I'll also hit some of the wed night races. (If I don't solve my eviction problem I'll help solve the crew problem we've been having.)

Cheers,
Will