Meeting Minutes (7/7/09)

bc

Jul 8, 2009, 8:48:03 PM7/8/09
to SantaMonica Woodworking
Members in attendance: Radomir S., Don M., Nick R., Richard A., Brian
C.

Short term goals:
1) Identify any pre-existing woodshops in the community
* Don will ask around at Fox Studios, local high schools, Rockler,
Woodcraft.
* Richard will ask staff at Home Depot.
* Radomir will ask staff at Anawalt and Festool group members.
* Brian will post on Craigslist and Google/Yahoo Groups.
* Community center in La Puente offers woodworking classes and may
serve as a model for our program. Don, can you get the contact info
for whoever is in charge of that program?

2) Start some projects
* Radomir has offered his garage for our first get-together (we
still must decide on whether we actually want to build something at
that time).
* Both Radomir and Richard have tools and 1-car garages. Brian has
tools.

Long term goals:
A) Find a more permanent location
B) Become a legitimate co-op/organization
C) Get woodworking companies (power tools and wood/lumber) to sponsor
us (tool donations)

Radomir Samardzic

Jul 11, 2009, 2:29:43 PM7/11/09
to santamonica...@googlegroups.com