WP Theme responsiveness

Keith Gudger

Jan 26, 2018, 12:16:18 PM1/26/18
to Santa Cruz Geeks
Thanks to everyone who helped on my previous post.  I have a question about theme responsiveness using WordPress.  I've noticed some themes are faster than others, I'm sure due to the number of SQL queries they make.  Is there a way to measure this?  I know someone who is trying to choose a theme and concerned about loading times.  How should they find this out?

Thanks!
Keith

mojokorn

Jan 30, 2018, 11:44:19 AM1/30/18
to santacr...@googlegroups.com

Kieth,

Firebug and Chrome developer kits both show page loading times.  I'd suggest testing with the browser (on a computer) in full width and then mobile width.

You might also want to test load times with Chrome's throttling...

https://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/simulate-slow-internet-connection-testing/

Best,

- J

Keith Gudger

Jan 30, 2018, 2:49:34 PM1/30/18
to Santa Cruz Geeks
Thanks for the tip about throttling!

bartt

Jan 30, 2018, 2:50:25 PM1/30/18
to Santa Cruz Geeks
Keith,

If you wanted to dig into the reason for the WP slowness you can use a number of WP plugins to help you with that. https://asphaltthemes.com/alternative-to-p3-plugin-performance-profiler/ is a good start.

Cheers,
Bart