Sun, Mar 15 family matinee: Kevin Carr

1 view

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Mar 3, 2020, 5:50:48 PM3/3/20
to santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
The next event in the Downtown Sounds House Concert series will be:

                                   Sunday, Mar 15  3:30 PM
              Kevin Carr : My Grandfather's Fiddle: Stories and Music

Details below.  Reservations are required...please reserve early.
This performance will please and delight ALL ages!!

We are asking a donation of $15 adults/$5 kids ... all proceeds go to the artist.

For reservations & directions, *email preferred*: <Conc...@InstantHarmony.com>

Upcoming shows in our series:   (visit our calendar link)
  Tue, Apr 21:  Brenda Castles & Joey Abarta: Irish concertina and uilleann pipes
  Thu, May 7:   Bruce Molsky & Alison deGroot: Old-time fiddle and banjo
  Thu, Jun 4:    Andrew Finn Magill & Júlio Lemos: Brazilian violin & guitar

              Kevin Carr : My Grandfather's Fiddle: Stories and Music
                                   Sunday, Mar 15  3:30 PM

   During his trips to such diverse territories as the former Soviet Union,
Spain, France, Quebec, Ireland and from Alaska to Mexico, Kevin has played
with and learned from traditional musicians, gathered stories to share and
connected with folks through the ecstatic medium of music.  Come to an
enthralling afternoon of old and new tales of joy and mystery, inspired by Kevin's grandfather's fiddle, which he never got to hear or see, but which
sent him searching. Warning: some small bagpipes may be employed in
the telling of these tales, but they are very tame.

   Kevin Carr is a phenomenal multi-instrumentalist and storyteller who
plays with the Hillbillies from Mars, Wake the Dead, and Les Tętes de Violon.
His storytelling generates enthusiastic responses and rave reviews.

Visit his website at: <http://kevincarr.org>

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Mar 9, 2020, 7:01:57 PM3/9/20
to santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry to say that this Sunday's storytelling matinee with Kevin Carr must be canceled.  Kevin was going to be in the Bay Area for an event that was canceled due to COVID-16 concerns, and reluctantly feels that he should abstain from travel at the moment.

With the current state of affairs, it is hard to anticipate how we will be feeling about convening in groups over the next months, and other artists may be postponing their tours, as well.  At the moment, we have no plans to cancel upcoming concerts, but of course that may change.  We may also take steps to hold concerts outdoors, to try to minimize risk.

Thanks for your understanding, and best wishes for continued good health.
Daniel Steinberg