URGENT APPEAL for Exchange Student Host Families

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Aug 7, 2019, 7:27:00 PM8/7/19
to santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
I've recently received two requests for host families for high school exchange students in the coming school year, both of who, are arriving very soon .... there were last-minute cancellations that have precipitated this urgent need.  We would love to host ourselves, but unfortunately cannot make that commitment this fall.

Both of these students are working with accredited services that will provide support as needed.  They will be enrolled at the high school local to their host family, and will participate as responsible members of the family, including chores, etc.

If you think can help out at all, even if only for a month or two while they look for someone more permanent, please email or phone the contact person ASAP (you can mention that you heard about it from me, but you don't need to loop me in).

--------
Sebastiano Turci:  An Italian 16-yr old exchange student.  He comes highly recommended, and has written eloquently about himself and his interests.  See the attached summary, but he has documentation and recommendations galore that i don't feel that i can forward indiscriminately.  His mother, Evelyn Daviddi, is a prominent artist, and we have mutual friends in common, which is why his case has come to my attention.

His hosting organization is SAI, but his case is being handled locally by Sandi Spanfelner (831) 335-3088, email: <sand...@aol.com> who will be supporting several local exchange students with logistics, including rides, advice, trips to SF with the other kids.

---------
Kazuto:  A Japanese 18-yr old high school exchange student.  His short statement is attached, and he comes highly recommended, as well.  He has particular interest in chorus singing, which is how he came to my attention.

His hosting organization is the Aspect Foundation in San Francisco.  You can reach Juan, the volunteer coordinator, at (800) 879-6884 or by email: <volu...@aspectfoundation.org>

Sebastiano Turci.pdf
Kazuto.pdf