World Harmony Chorus starting in Santa Cruz Jan 24

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Jan 19, 2023, 6:14:26 PM1/19/23
to santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
---- feel free to repost this message ----

      You Can Sing!

The Santa Cruz World Harmony Chorus spring session starts up this Tuesday, with a repertoire of music from around the world.  We'll be singing Swedish, Mexican, Ukrainian, Galician, Brazilan songs, and many places in-between.

We rehearse indoors, socially-distanced in a large, well-ventilated room.  For now, we require participants to wear a mask (KN-95 singer-friendly masks are available).  Details below.

There are no auditions and no singing experience is necessary (experienced singers are also welcome).  All parts are taught by ear, and musical transcriptions are provided.  All ages are welcome, though children under 9 might find it a bit daunting.

If you've never experienced the magic of singing in a choir, or if you've always thought of yourself as someone who "just can't sing", this is a great way to start.

Please join us for another fun and musical season!  Just show up at a rehearsal and check it out.

-Daniel

   The Santa Cruz chorus rehearses on Tuesdays, 6:00 - 7:30 PM.
           London Nelson Center
           Room 1,  301 Center St, Santa Cruz

   The Palo Alto chorus rehearses on Mondays, 7:00 - 8:30 PM.
           Unitarian Universalist Sanctuary
           505 E. Charleston Rd, Palo Alto

   The Oakland chorus rehearses on Tuesdays, 7:00 - 9:00 PM, under the direction of Betsy Blakeslee.
      Piedmont Recreation Department
      358 Hillside Ave (at Magnolia Ave), Piedmont

See <http://InstantHarmony.com/chorus.html> for general chorus information,
directions, upcoming dates, repertoire samples, and more.

The World Harmony Chorus is an affiliate of Instant Harmony, a non-profit organization promoting better living through participation in music.