Upcoming shows of interest

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Mar 8, 2022, 8:04:33 PM3/8/22
to santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
We have not yet resumed our Downtown Soundz house concert series, but there are a couple of upcoming concerts that may be of interest:

   Sat, Mar 12  7:30pm    Janam
   Fusing funky Balkan rhythms, gritty Appalachian ballads, arresting vocal
      harmonies and enchanting acoustic textures, Janam creates a one-of-kind
      musical experience.
   Ben Lomond house concert  / $20 donation at the door
   Reservations required: email <in...@janamband.com>

   Sun, Mar 13  3:00pm (DST!)   String Quartets
    Haydn, Op.74#1  &   Erwin Schulhoff’s “Five Pieces”
    featuring: Scot Moore & Gayle Stern Strang: violin, Danny Coward: viola,
                     Irene Herrmann: cello
    Westside Santa Cruz outdoor concert / $20 donation at the gate
    Reservations required: email <herr...@ucsc.edu>

   Sun, Mar 20   5:00pm     Thompsonia
   Thompsonia combines Eric & Suzy Thompson’s deep devotion to old-time,
       bluegrass, Cajun and acoustic blues with daughter Allegra’s fresh
      perspective, creating feel-good music that richochets between the rowdy
      and the sentimental, with an abundance of groove and a bit of a quirky edge.
    Santa Cruz Mtns outdoor concert / $30 donation at the door
    ** proof of covid vax required **
    Reservations required: email <justs...@hotmail.com>