Reminder: Thu, Feb 27: Maeve Donnelly

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Feb 23, 2020, 1:59:38 AM2/23/20
to santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
There are still plenty of seats available to see this wonderful Irish fiddler:

                                   Thursday, Feb 27  7:30 PM
                  Maeve Donnelly w/Kyle Alden: Irish fiddle & guitar

Please RSVP as soon as possible to ensure your reservation and to get directions to our house.  We are asking a donation of $20.  Concert details below.

 For reservations, email: <Conc...@InstantHarmony.com>

-------
Upcoming shows in our series:   (visit our calendar link)
  Sun, Mar 15: Kevin Carr: storytelling & bagpipe extravaganza
  Tue, Apr 21:  Brenda Castles & Joey Abarta: Irish concertina and uilleann pipes
  Thu, May 7:   Bruce Molsky & Alison deGroot: Old-time fiddle and banjo
  Thu, Jun 4:    Andrew Finn Magill & Júlio Lemos: Brazilian violin & guitar

                  Maeve Donnelly w/Kyle Alden: Irish fiddle & guitar
                                    Thursday, Feb 27  7:30 PM

   Maeve Donnelly is a renowned Irish fiddler who keeps traditional music alive
while giving it a unique twist.  Originally from East Galway, she now lives in the
village of Quin, in County Clare.  She has been playing the fiddle since the age
of five and won her first All-Ireland Fiddle Competition at the age of nine.  She
subsequently won two more All-Ireland fiddle titles as well as the National
Slogadh Competition for Solo Fiddle and The Stone Fiddle Competition in
County Fermanagh.

   As a founding member of the group Moving Cloud she has recorded and toured throughout Europe and North America, with a stellar list of accompanists,
including guitarists Tony McManus, Andy Hillhouse, Setrve Baughman, pianist
Geraldine Cotter, and fiddler/flutist Peadar O'Loughlin.  After taking a break
from teaching to raise her family, this tour with Kyle Alden is her first in the
U.S. in many years.

   Kyle Alden is recognized for his superb guitar accompaniment of Irish
traditional music. He has supported top players in concert, including Tommy
Peoples, Gearóid Ó hAllmhuráin, Liz Carroll, Athena Tergis, Andrew McNamara,
and Ann Kirrane.  Kyle is also an award-winning singer/songwriter and is noted
for his folk music setting of the poetry of W.B.Yeats.  He has performed the
Yeats songs in Sligo, Ireland, as well as Symphony Space on Broadway in
New York.