Jun 16: Forró Dance Party!!

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Jun 5, 2023, 4:59:26 PM6/5/23
to santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
My Brazilian forró band is hosting and playing for a community forró dance:

     Friday, June 16   7:30pm Dance Lesson w/Leo Lobo
                                  8:00 - 10:30pm  Forró Dance Party
     Donation: $20/sliding, all ages welcome
     Refreshments will be available; feel free to bring something to share.

Forró music has compelling rhythms and the dance, in its basic form, is easy and fun.  If you know how to two-step, you can already dance to forró, and if you don't, Leo will break it down for you.  There will also be chairs, if you just want to come and listen.

We're hoping for a good turnout for this inaugural dance, and we'd like to make it a monthly event starting this fall.  Please share this email with your friends and help make this event a success!

Many thanks to Papiba Godinho for letting us use his capoeira studio for this event!
------------------
Other upcoming performances:
      World Harmony Chorus free performances:
          Saturday, Jun 10   10:00 - 10:45 AM
          Tuesday, Jun 20    7:30 PM

London Nelson Center, Room 3,   301 Center St, Santa Cruz

      Cláudio Rabeca e Forró Quente
           Direct from Recife, Brazil!
           Thu, Jun 29  7:00pm   Kuumbwa,  320-2 Cedar St, Santa Cruz
           Get your tickets in advance!

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Jun 13, 2023, 8:36:09 PM6/13/23
to santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
     Friday, June 16   Forró Dance Party w/Mr. Bidu's Circus
                                  7:30pm Dance Lesson w/Leo Lobo
                                  8:00 - 10:30pm  Dance Party
     Donation: $20/sliding, all ages welcome
     Refreshments will be available; feel free to bring something to share.

Forró music has compelling rhythms and the dance, in its basic form, is easy and fun.  If you know how to two-step, you can already dance to forró, and if you don't, Leo will break it down for you.  There will also be chairs, if you just want to come and listen.

------------------
      World Harmony Chorus Friends & Family Concert
          Tuesday, Jun 20    7:30 PM   *free*
Come hear our program of beautiful songs from around the world!

------------------
      Cláudio Rabeca e Forró Quente
           Direct from Recife, Brazil!
           Thursday, Jun 29  7:00pm   Kuumbwa,  320-2 Cedar St, Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz House Concerts

Jun 14, 2023, 1:12:03 AM6/14/23
to Kiyoe, santa-cruz-h...@googlegroups.com
Kiyoe:  Thanks for getting in touch.  I have hosted Alessandro a couple of times in the past.
Unfortunately, i will be out of the country for the first three weeks of August, so i can't accommodate this request.

I hope you'll come to some of the other terrific Brazilian shows that i've been advertising on my house concert email list.

best,
Daniel

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 9:42 PM Kiyoe <kiyoe.wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Daniel,

I am a friend of Jarrell Irvin, and he recommended that I contact you.  I am a vocalist specializing in Brazilian music.
My Brazilian guitarist friend who is one of the top Choro guitarists in the world, Alessandro Penezzi will be in the Bay Area during August.  He will be teaching at California Brazil Camp for Choro ensemble and advanced guitar and touring the US as well.
He is currently available during the week of 8/14-17 and 8/19.  I am wondering if we could have an opportunity to play at your venue? I think 8/19 (Saturday) will be the best day.

Here is a sample of his music.

Thank you very much in advance for consideration,  and I would appreciate it if you could let me know the possibilities of a gig at your house?

Jarrell said hello to you!

Best Regards,

-Kiyoe