OCR-ing handwritten kannada

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Aug 18, 2022, 1:34:01 AM8/18/22
to venkaTapatiH वेङ्कटपतिः iitb ocr research rAmasubrahmaNya-shiShyaH, sanskrit-programmers, Shiva Kumar H R bhAShiNI TTS
namo vaH.

https://archive.org/details/divya-prabandha-pratipadArtha/01.%20%20Periyazhwar%20Tiruppallandu/ has (in excellent handwriting) valuable commentary on the 4k divya-prabandha-s in kannaDa, in two scripts (mainly kannaDa and some tamiL). Is there a way to OCR them?

I tried Google Drive API, but results are very bad (tries to read everything as tamil).

Vishvas /विश्वासः

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Aug 19, 2022, 10:34:37 AM8/19/22
to suha...@gmail.com, sanskrit-programmers
(+sanskrit-programmers for the pointer)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 at 19:59, suha...@gmail.com <suha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have heard great things about https://readcoop.eu/transkribus/ for handwritten text recognition. I've seen it work on handwritten Sanskrit (library index cards), and it does a great job. Only if there were training data available...

kenp

Aug 19, 2022, 11:25:47 AM8/19/22
to sanskrit-programmers