Morpheus v.0.3

Michael Bykov

May 4, 2016, 8:25:51 AM5/4/16
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

Please look Morpheus v.0.3 - a plugin for browser Chromium.

full description - http://sa.diglossa.org

Morpheus was build on a huge amount of tests. For tests I used the full transcript of the Bhagavad Gita from http://sanskritdocuments.org  site.

Morpheus used only node.js and CouchDB.

It works in three steps:

double click everywhere - padaccheda - possible chains of padas; the upper - (possible) the better

click on pada - morphplogic analysis (names analysis more or less correct, verbs in its infancy)

click on morph row - possible dicts articles; note: you should choose a corresponding gender or gana-pada by yourself , i.e. check morphs to dicts correspondance

ESC - closes all

shift-mouse-over-nagari - IAST transliteration

editor Akshara.js - just type devanagari, keyboard layout mimics SLP1, then Enter or doubleclick

code: https://github.com/mbykov

license: GNU GPL

Shreevatsa R

May 4, 2016, 11:38:01 AM5/4/16
to sanskrit-programmers, Michael Bykov
This is amazing sir!

Thank you for this excellent work... it is groundbreaking.

It seems to work fine in Google Chrome too: I recorded a gif of my using it:
(ignore any visual glitches in the gif; they are because of the recording program (Licecap))

This can be life-changing. Thanks also for releasing it under GPL.

For the future: what do you think of the idea of making a corresponding version for website developers to include on their webpages: so that even users who don't have this plugin installed can get this functionality?

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 4, 2016, 11:48:42 AM5/4/16
to sanskrit-programmers
Thanks for this! Works great!

Suggestions: Add more dictionaries (we have babylon versions of several important Koeln dictionaries if it makes it easier - shabda-sAgara.babylon_final) and let users pick their favorite dictionaries.

Something similar for firefox too would be great!

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Shreevatsa R

May 4, 2016, 11:51:54 AM5/4/16
to sanskrit-programmers, Michael Bykov
One minor thing is that after installing this you may now see some text in maroon on many webpages, as the extension seems to have injected something into the global stylesheet. Not a big problem, just saying it so that other people may realise this has happened. Maybe having the extension disabled/enabled for a particular webpage by clicking on the button would help. (Or maybe this feature is already there in Chromium, and it's just an issue on Chrome.)

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 4, 2016, 12:00:50 PM5/4/16
to sanskrit-programmers, Michael Bykov

One minor thing is that after installing this you may now see some text in maroon on many webpages, as the extension seems to have injected something into the global stylesheet.

​I don't see the same problem on Google Chrome ​Version 50.0.2661.86 (64-bit)

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 4, 2016, 1:50:40 PM5/4/16
to sanskrit-programmers, Michael Bykov
To add to the suggestions:
Several sanskrit dictionaries are uploaded to the sanskrit wiktionary already (and more on the way) - it may be possible to just use the wikipedia api to show those multiple entries.