Re: Could an IAST search be possible for a Golden Dict dictionary?

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Dec 19, 2021, 9:37:50 AM12/19/21
to Coelispex Coelispex, sanskrit-programmers, dyug...@googlegroups.com, Hindu-vidyA हिन्दुविद्या, shabda-...@googlegroups.com, संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH
(+anyē yē syur āsaktāḥ)

namo vaḥ,

Triggered by the below request, I've added IAST headwords to all dictionaries under https://github.com/indic-dict/stardict-sanskrit/tree/master/sa-head

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 at 10:10, Coelispex Coelispex <coel...@mail.com> wrote:
Dear Vishvas,

Pranams!

I have tried almost all Sanskrit->English dictionaries for Golden Dict, but I have not managed to find one that will translate from IAST.
For example, if I paste nityā in the search field, there are no results. I have to manually write nityaa to get a result... Doing that for many entries could be time-consuming...

Is there a way to implement IAST transliteration searching for this fantastic Monier-Williams dictionary (tar archive 4), for example?
Or, is there an existing sanskrit to english dictionary I might have missed?

Thanks for your time!

Have a great day,
Coelispex

Vishvas /विश्वासः

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Dec 19, 2021, 9:59:42 AM12/19/21
to Coelispex Coelispex, sanskrit-programmers, dyug...@googlegroups.com, Hindu-vidyA हिन्दुविद्या, shabda-...@googlegroups.com, संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH
(More precisely https://github.com/indic-dict/stardict-sanskrit/tree/gh-pages/sa-head , whence tar.gz files can be downloaded and used as usual. Tips at https://sanskrit-coders.github.io/dictionaries/offline/ )

kenp

Dec 19, 2021, 8:37:22 PM12/19/21
to sanskrit-programmers
Hi Coelispex,
One can paste  nityā  here and see the output i IAST as well as in Devanagari.

nityā
f. a plough-share

nityā
f. Name of durgā-

nityā
f. of a śakti-

nityā
f. of the goddess manasā-

nityācāra
m. constant good conduct

nityācārapradīpa
m. Name of work

nityācāravidhi
m. Name of work

nityāgnihotra
n. Name of work

nityānadhyāya
m. invariable suspension of repetition of the veda-s (as on the day of full moon etc.)  ...................
नित्या
f. a plough-share

नित्या
f. Name of durgā-

नित्या
f. of a śakti-

नित्या
f. of the goddess manasā-

नित्याचार
m. constant good conduct

नित्याचारप्रदीप
m. Name of work

नित्याचारविधि
m. Name of work

नित्याग्निहोत्र
n. Name of work

नित्यानध्याय
m. invariable suspension of repetition of the veda-s (as on the day of full moon etc.)