Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Re: XeLaTex with Harfbuzz: a new approach to typeset Indic books

विश्वासो वासुकेयः

Dec 3, 2021, 9:42:51 AM12/3/21
to sanskrit-programmers

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <Unknown>
Date: Tuesday, 16 November, 2021 at 8:52:03 am UTC+5:30
Subject: Re: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Re: XeLaTex with Harfbuzz: a new approach to typeset Indic books
To: bvpar...@googlegroups.com <Unknown>

Thank you.
It appears to correct the copy pasting significantly.

Here is attached part of PDF

image.png

And here is the copy-paste:

१ शिष्टगुणविधानाद् ; आश्रयगुणोभयविशिष्टभावनाविधानात् वा त-
२ ल्लाभोपपत्तिः । कॢप्तप्रयोजनत्वात् ; लाघवेन आश्रयतासम्बन्धेनैव
३ वैशिष्ट्याङ्गीकाराच्च न गुणाङ्गताऽऽपत्तिः — इति वाच्यम् ;
४ आश्रयस्य गुणान्वयाव्युत्पत्तेः ;

For me Skim PDF reader doesn't work, Adobe did work.

Thanks for all the help provided by everyone.
श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 2:55 PM Yogananda CS <sriran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Namaste,

I am not sure if you have put this in the preamble: \XeTeXgenerateactualtext=1

This should solve your problem.

regards. . . . . yoga

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:48 AM श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <lalitaa...@lalitaalaalitah.com> wrote:
Om,
From your simple example, I now understand the procedure to use this renderer with LaTeX.
The text pdf works for searching a single word and multiple adjacent words. In mahAvIrI, it didn't work for multiple words for some reasons.
I'm using Skim PDF reader in macOS. I didn't check on other platform.
Here is copy paste from the test pdf-
प्रसन्नतां या न गताऽ��षेकतस्तथा न मम्लौ वनवासदुःखतः।
It has some undesired characters. But, at least search works.
I'll try to contact Shreevatsa R. on other forum for help.
Thanks.