Does anyone recognize Luisa Letizia di Cianno 1812-1889?

Shirley Sinclaire

Jun 15, 2022, 11:56:26 AM6/15/22
to sanpietr...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I need some help if anyone can recognize Luisa Letizia di Cianno 1812-1889 from SPA. I have a distant cousin who contacted me from a DNA match to this Luisa. However, his g-grandfather is from Guilmi, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy. His mother and I are a closer match.

Luisa is my 1st cousin 5x removed. Her father Giuseppe is the brother of my 4th g-grandmother Emiliana di Cianno 1779-1819.

I am gathering that someone in the line of Luisa married and moved to Guilmi, yet I have not been able to make any connection as of yet. The information is below:

Giuseppe di Cianno/di Ciano, born 7 Jan 1873-1969. I found his birth certificate in Guilmi.
Father is Antonio di Cianno/di Ciano and mother is Maria di Cianno/diCiano who were 28 at the time of Giuseppe's birth, which puts them around 1844-1846. Maria's father is Rocco di Cianno/di Ciano . I do not find either of them in the 1844-1846 birth records for Guilmi.

Giuseppe emigrated to Argentina 12 Dec 1883 to Buenos Aires at the age of 10, more than likely with father or relative. As I understand it, the record attached above is Giuseppe and his siblings(?) that arrived in South America. Giuseppe married Josefa Andreoli and they had 7 children.

The mother is here visiting (her son just moved here from Argentina) and she has taken a DNA test which should be back soon and I am trying to help them out.

If you have other questions, I will try to answer. Just trying to figure where the connection to SPA is.

Grazie mille,
Shirley

Giuseppe di Cianno & Antonio di Cianno Argentina.jpeg
Giuseppe di Cianno 1873-1969 Argentina.jpeg

Mark DiVecchio

Jun 15, 2022, 6:35:10 PM6/15/22
to SanPietroAvellana
Shirley,

Look at the 1749 and 1769 Status Animarum on my web site. Might be something there.

Mark

Justine Lawson

Jun 15, 2022, 8:18:58 PM6/15/22
to SanPietroAvellana, Mark DiVecchio
Hi Shirley,

Yes!  Thanks to Mark's amazing genealogical prowess, I can attest that Luisa Letizia di Cianno is on our family's genealogy chart.  I have a list of her children if that would be helpful.

Best,
Justine

Arthur Cola

Jun 15, 2022, 8:48:27 PM6/15/22
to Justine Lawson, SanPietroAvellana, Mark DiVecchio
Interesting in that the Di Ciano name is related to our Colaianni and Frazzini family connections.

Arthur Ron Colaianni

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone