Feature Backlog

Andy Xu

Sep 28, 2018, 1:14:46 AM9/28/18
to Sanic Task Force
Starting a new conversation for discussing feature backlog...

Stephen Sadowski

Sep 28, 2018, 9:39:02 AM9/28/18
to Sanic Task Force
Right now I have 3 issues tagged for 18.12

I would also like to figure out if we can get the unicode issue settled before the LTS. It's important for international adoption.

Richard Kuesters

Oct 1, 2018, 9:45:08 AM10/1/18
to Stephen Sadowski, sani...@googlegroups.com
Yeap, I have read the RFCs we talked about in the issues as well some others, made some tests, checked out what other frameworks do (and don't), and I much like came to a conclusion for this unicode issue that I expressed on #1329

Andy Xu

Andy Xu

Oct 7, 2018, 6:08:45 PM10/7/18
to Sanic Task Force
Some other tasks in backlog:

1. Add formal "Deploy" section in documentation, which is pretty helpful to users.
2. Http2 support. currently only "Quart" fully support http2 among all python3 async frameworks.
3. Increase code coverage
4. Deprecate or Refactor Sanic test_client, which is currently also error-prone.

Adam Hopkins

Oct 7, 2018, 11:52:26 PM10/7/18
to Andy Xu, Sanic Task Force
As for #1, I've been playing around with writing some materials about how to deploy sanic inside docker. Currently we have that Dockerfile on the repo, we could create an "officially" supported repo on docker hub.
--
Adam Hopkins

Oct 8, 2018, 1:08 AM by yunx...@gmail.com:

Richard Kuesters

Oct 8, 2018, 9:30:47 AM10/8/18
to sani...@googlegroups.com
Oukay ... So, can't we use the forums for backlog instead of a loose list in the a mail thread?

Stephen Sadowski

Oct 8, 2018, 10:29:12 AM10/8/18
to Sanic Task Force
I think from a project management perspective it would be useful to have a kanban?

Mapping backlog to open issues to PRs in my head is like I'm playing Go with a less intelligent version of myself that is still winning.

I.E. It would be nice to track not just the labels for intended releases, but to be able to know what's actively being worked on.

On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 10:14:46 PM UTC-7, Andy Xu wrote:
Starting a new conversation for discussing feature backlog...

Richard Kuesters

Adam Hopkins

Oct 9, 2018, 1:21:51 AM10/9/18
to Richard Kuesters, Sanic Dev
I agree. Let's move these conversations and start to phase out the mailing list.
--
Adam Hopkins

Oct 8, 2018, 4:30 PM by rkue...@gmail.com: