Etherpad update in experimental (please test).

Ian Denhardt

May 1, 2022, 11:10:57 AM5/1/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

There's an update to the etherpad package in experimental:
https://apps.sandstorm.io/app/h37dm17aa89yrd8zuqpdn36p6zntumtv08fjpu8a8zrte7q1cn60?experimental=true

...if anyone wants to help test it more thoroughly. There are a few
issues that we've deemed not blockers, but otherwise I've been using it
for a week or so and so-far so good. But it's a big update, so I wanted
to solicit some other eyes.

I've taken over building & signing duties for the package, but the thanks
for this one should go to Dan Krol for doing the actual work involved, and
everyone who donated during the FundOSS campaign, which paid for the work
on this.

-Ian

Tim McCormack

May 22, 2022, 3:35:37 PM5/22/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone working on this! Very exciting.

I tried upgrading an old grain (by backing it up, installing the
experimental, and restoring from backup) and got a pink error box on my
screen: "Error: Ace2Editor.init() error event while waiting for load
event". Same thing happened on browser reload.

I've attached lightly redacted debug logs. There are a couple of other
things in there:

- "Can not perform Etherpad update check: Error: tunneling socket could
not be established, statusCode=501"
- "TypeError: self.dropdowns is undefined" (appeared the moment I
started to reload the page)
- A second instance of the original error, after reload.

I can also try another grain in a bit, unless these are already known.

- Tim
etherpad-logs.txt

Tim McCormack

May 22, 2022, 4:25:40 PM5/22/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Resolved on IRC -- I had ALLOW_LEGACY_RELAXED_CSP=false and flipping
that to true allowed it to work.

Dan Krol

Jun 29, 2022, 11:25:22 AM6/29/22
to Sandstorm-dev
Looks like it's live now.

Jacob Weisz

Jun 29, 2022, 12:06:37 PM6/29/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
It is! Ian and I have both been running it for quite a while, and it didn't seem like we were likely to get any more testers, so we went ahead and pushed it. I also have a PR open to update the screenshot on the front page of the website and show Etherpad a bit more prominently.

--
  Jacob Weisz