Etherpad with Dark Mode!

Jake W

Nov 24, 2023, 2:27:35 AM11/24/23
to Sandstorm Development
We have an experimental update for Etherpad Lite in the market, here: https://apps.sandstorm.io/app/h37dm17aa89yrd8zuqpdn36p6zntumtv08fjpu8a8zrte7q1cn60?experimental=true

This version has only one significant change, which is that we added a new plugin which configures the theme based on the user's browser preferences. Etherpad's default theme, Colibris, supports both dark and light modes, but previously it could only be changed via a config file loaded in the app. Now Etherpad will display in the mode which corresponds with your own preferences selected by your web browser.

Dan Krol

Nov 24, 2023, 1:25:42 PM11/24/23
to Jake W, Sandstorm Development
Just tried it out, it works as expected (though before re-reading your email I looked at the settings for a dark mode switch).

I'm not usually a "dark mode" guy so maybe this is a normal issue, but it's a bit funny that "black" text shows up white. But there isn't a white text option so I guess it won't be an issue.