Sharing access to applications

Jean

Jun 11, 2022, 1:12:48 PM6/11/22
to Sandstorm Development
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to install Sandstorm on a hosting and give access to all the applications to different chosen people? Thank you for your answers.

Dave Kokandy

Jun 13, 2022, 6:26:56 PM6/13/22
to Sandstorm Development
On Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 12:12:48 PM UTC-5 Jean wrote:
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to install Sandstorm on a hosting and give access to all the applications to different chosen people? Thank you for your answers.

Hello Jean,
Have you tried the guided tour? https://docs.sandstorm.io/en/latest/guided-tour/

It is possible to invite other users to join your sandstorm server, and they would have the ability to create grains within any of the applications installed on the system, yes. The interface to add full users is in the Admin panel, specifically at (your sandstorm URL)/admin/users/invite

Additionally, it is possible to share access to certain grains with other users using per-grain “Share” settings, and (in many apps, not necessarily all apps support this) you can control whether they can edit or just read the grain.

I hope that answered your question. Hopefully you can hop in the demo server (linked in the guide above) or spin up your own instance and give that a try.

Jean

Jun 14, 2022, 11:24:25 AM6/14/22
to Sandstorm Development
Thank you very much, that's perfect. I hadn't found how to add users but thanks to your answer I should be able to do it !