spk size limit

Jay Gischer

Dec 19, 2023, 5:33:38 PM12/19/23
to Sandstorm Development
I just discovered now, as I was trying to build an SPK for the current release, that there is a 1GB size limit (before compression).

I think there's some ways I could  reorganize things to reduce the size, even by quite a bit, but I wasn't planning to do them now.  Is there some workaround/patch/thing I can do to keep this project moving?

On a related note, I recently saw a statement by someone that ought to know what they are talking about to the effect of "nobody uses meteor-spk any more".  This kind of shocks me, since I'm using meteor-spk right now.

What *should* I be using?  Would it help with above problem?  (I'm guessing no).

Thanks,

-j

Jacob Weisz

Dec 19, 2023, 6:15:48 PM12/19/23
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
My impression was that meteor-spk was outright broken, at least with reasonably modern versions of Meteor. This is a problem we'd really like to solve too.

I know there is a 1MB limit on the spk metadata, I wasn't aware of an overall 1GB limit though.

--
  Jacob Weisz

Troy Farrell

Dec 29, 2023, 11:58:28 PM12/29/23
to Sandstorm Development
I ran into the SPK limit of 1GB when I tried to package CryptPad.  It includes copies of ONLYOFFICE, which is not small.