Unable to create an admin account during setup

Mtbcooler

Jul 13, 2022, 9:40:14 AM7/13/22
to Sandstorm Development
Heya,

I've tried the sandstorm demo and really love it so I decided to self host it on my server for a project of mine.

Sadly I've ran into this issue with the set up. Specifically whenever I try to make the admin account and use google or github, they just boot me back to the the start of set up.

the logs seem to spew this whenever I try to log in with google.
kj/compat/http.c++:5555: info: threw exception while serving HTTP response; exception = kj/compat/tls.c++:217: failed: expected shutdownTask == nullptr [(can't stringify) == nullptr]; already called shutdownWrite() stack: 59b4dc 4ba928 544cd1 4f0d80 4f5900 sandstorm/gateway.c++:1072: error: exception = kj/compat/http.c++:1857: failed: expected !inBody; previous HTTP message body incomplete; can't write more messages stack: 4c7ad2 4feff4 4a9970 4f5aba 4f6ad1 544cd1 4fdf20 {"line":"405","file":"oauth_server.js","message":"Error in OAuth Server: redirectUrl (https://srrevival.sandcats.io/setup/user) is not on the same host as the app (https://SRRevival.sandcats.io/)","time":{"$date":1657666882313},"level":"warn"} Exception while invoking method 'login' Error: Failed to complete OAuth handshake with Google. failed [400] { "error": "redirect_uri_mismatch", "error_description": "Bad Request" } at getTokens (packages/google-oauth/google_server.js:105:7) at Object.getServiceData [as handleOauthRequest] (packages/google-oauth/google_server.js:80:58) at OAuth._requestHandlers.<computed> (packages/oauth2/oauth2_server.js:10:33) at middleware (packages/oauth/oauth_server.js:170:5) at /programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/fiber_pool.js:43:40

I've attached the full logs to this post. I think it may have something to do with me having accidentally used capitals in the subdomain.

I hope there is a way to fix this

with kind regards,
Mtbcooler

sandstorm (2).log

Jacob Weisz

Jul 13, 2022, 9:49:45 AM7/13/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, that definitely sounds plausible as a cause to me. I'm assuming you tried continuing to use capital letters everywhere, including the Google auth setup? In theory, if everything matches they should accept it, but it's possible somewhere in their code (or ours), the case is getting lowered automatically, and then it's failing to match up when Google does that URL comparison to see if it's set right.

Perhaps we should have you destroy everything and start over with an all-lowercase subdomain? I am wondering if Sandcats will let you register the same name without capitals as if it's a new registration or not, or if we'll have to fix something there. Perhaps we should see if for the future we can make our installer lowercase whatever you enter before it does anything with it, so that people don't run into this in the future...

--
  Jacob Weisz

Attachments:
  • sandstorm (2).log