hyperlinks in Etherpad on Sandstorm

Jeronimo Minino

Jul 26, 2022, 10:38:02 PM7/26/22
to Sandstorm Development
Hi everyone.
How can I add Hyperlinks inside an Etherpad text document grain on Sandstorm?

Jake W

Jul 26, 2022, 11:11:17 PM7/26/22
to Sandstorm Development
Currently there doesn't appear to be a "button" for this, but Etherpad seems to detect things such as https:// and www. and turn it into a link automatically.

Jeronimo Minino

Jul 27, 2022, 2:07:02 PM7/27/22
to Sandstorm Development
OK, I see,  Thank you very much.
No text hyperlinks enabled in Sandstorm's Etherpad deployment, but we can write the URLs and they behave as a link.
Well, in case of very long URLs we can use a shortening service (like Tinyurl) and/or write them using a small font size.

Jacob Weisz

Jul 27, 2022, 2:19:14 PM7/27/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
I checked an Etherpad demo site and I believe that's the default way it works. I did find some link-related plugins on NPM but without good descriptions of what they would actually do if we added them to the package. If this is a feature you'd really like to see added, maybe open an issue at https://github.com/sandstormports/etherpad-lite-sandstorm and we can investigate including one of those plugins for a future release.

--
  Jacob Weisz