[sandstorm-dev] Help a pull-request noob improve Sandstorm

Jay Gischer

Sep 17, 2021, 3:58:49 PM9/17/21
to Sandstorm Development
I just ran afoul of this bug: https://github.com/sandstorm-io/sandstorm/issues/3029

I intend to fix it.  It's in the Meteor stuff, and that's in my wheelhouse.  I've looked at what needs to happen, and it seems pretty simple.  I would like to share that with the Sandstorm base code.  How should I do that.  I'm a complete noob when it comes to making pull requests and such things,

In other news, my project to make a merged app-index and serve it seems to be working now, if a bit kluged. I'm running a custom download-and-merge app for the index, and then an app-market reconfigured to look at that app-index, rather than the default.

I just need this fix so that it gets used without hand-copying a url.

Jacob Weisz

Sep 17, 2021, 4:19:43 PM9/17/21
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
If you fork the repo on GitHub, you'll get a copy of the git repo that you have permission to work on. And then you can compare a branch from your repo to a branch from ours in the web UI, and it will give you the option to create a pull request.

--
  Jacob Weisz