Trouble setting up Sandcats subdomain

James Harris

Jul 16, 2021, 4:31:04 PM7/16/21
to Sandstorm Development
Hello! I'm doing a fresh install of Sandstorm. At the point in the install script where it asks for my preferred Sandcats subdomain, I type one in. It asks for an email address, so I type in my email address. Then Sandcats says "Registering your domain," then "...", and then it asks me for a subdomain name again.

I've tried typing in different subdomain names and email addresses; none of them work. I can't get through Sandcats registration to proceed with setup unless I type "none", and I would like to be able to use Sandcats.

I asked in IRC and it doesn't sound like Sandcats registration is down. I guess it could be some kind of connection issue on my end, but my setup isn't complicated - my computer is connected directly to my home's router, and there's no special firewall installed beyond what Ubuntu comes with. I confess I'm at a loss. Can you help? What sort of information can I gather to help resolve this problem?

James Harris