Null result: attempt to package anki-sync-server

Jim Garrison

Jun 28, 2021, 9:17:54 PM6/28/21
to Sandstorm Development
Hi all,

I just want to quickly report on a failed experiment of mine: I have wanted to package anki-sync-server as a Sandstorm app for some time, and I worked on this over the weekend until I realized it is unlikely to work out.  The problem is, the Anki protocol uses POST data for all things, including logging in with a username/password to get a hostkey, and for communicating that hostkey to the server on subsequent requests.  However, Sandstorm expects API's to either use the Bearer header or HTTP Basic auth.  So it seems that my goal won't be possible without more fundamental changes to how Anki sync works.