Weekly Sandstorm Community Meetings

Dan Krol

Feb 12, 2024, 9:01:04 AMFeb 12
to Sandstorm-dev
(It just occurred to me that it would probably be less annoying for all involved if I just made this a single email thread without the date in the subject. LMK if the opposite is somehow true.)

I'm updating the same agenda doc from last week since I missed the meeting. Feel free to update as appropriate.

--------

This is our weekly meeting, with the goal of keeping momentum and having some high level coordination.

Time: Wednesday, February 14, 21:00-22:00 USA Central Time

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Add updates you'd like to share (totally optional) and/or ideas you'd like to discuss.

Dan Krol

Feb 19, 2024, 6:47:44 PMFeb 19
to Sandstorm-dev
Next meeting:

Time: Wednesday, February 21, 21:00-22:00 USA Central Time

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Add updates you'd like to share (totally optional) and/or ideas you'd like to discuss.

Dan Krol

Feb 26, 2024, 10:14:41 AMFeb 26
to Sandstorm-dev
Next meeting:

Time: Wednesday, February 28, 21:00-22:00 USA Central Time

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Add updates you'd like to share (totally optional) and/or ideas you'd like to discuss.

Dan Krol

Mar 4, 2024, 6:50:02 PMMar 4
to Sandstorm-dev
Last meeting was unattended so I called it at about 15 minutes. We'll reuse the agenda.

Next meeting:

Time: Wednesday, March 06, 21:00-22:00 USA Central Time

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Add updates you'd like to share (totally optional) and/or ideas you'd like to discuss.

Dan Krol

Mar 11, 2024, 10:21:51 PMMar 11
to Sandstorm-dev
Next meeting:

Time: Wednesday, March 13, 21:00-22:00 USA Central Time

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Add updates you'd like to share (totally optional) and/or ideas you'd like to discuss.

Dan Krol

Mar 18, 2024, 10:14:34 PMMar 18
to Sandstorm-dev
Next meeting:

Time: Wednesday, March 20, 21:00-22:00 USA Central Time

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Alexei Karpov

Mar 20, 2024, 12:07:02 PMMar 20
to sandst...@googlegroups.com

Greetings, community.

I hope this finds you well.

Having spent about an hour sifting through various sandstorm code, comments and the community, I am still unable to locate something I once remember reading and have an interest re-discovering.

I remember that there was a way to for a grain to output without any sandstorm sandboxing, headers etc. i.e. just what the server within the grain would serve were this not a sandstorm environment.

I understand this is not the kosher way of doing things but there are a couple of scenarios where this makes perfect sense to me, for example, if you *have* to stick something in an iframe .

Now I know that the more correct way to do this is then to say I would stick to static content and serve so. However, still, there are some business scenarios where some degree of backend functionality (and ability to pull data from other grains based on powerbox authorisations) without any other sandstorm UI is welcome.

I would be glad to discuss these scenarios in our upcoming meeting.

Any pointers on how to get a grain, but not all grains, to be able to do so would be most welcome.

With due gratitude for your consideration.

Jacob Weisz

Mar 20, 2024, 1:18:16 PMMar 20
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
I think you might be thinking of Standalone Grains, which has a page on the wiki on GitHub. However it does still have Sandstorm's sandboxing and even the iframe around it, it is just hidden (the grain's iframe is given 100% of the window size).

--
  Jacob Weisz

Dan Krol

Mar 25, 2024, 12:55:36 PMMar 25
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Next meeting coming up on Wednesday:

Time: Wednesday, March 27, 21:00-22:00 USA Central Time

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Add updates you'd like to share (totally optional) and/or ideas you'd like to discuss.

Alexei Karpov

Mar 27, 2024, 10:05:33 PMMar 27
to sandst...@googlegroups.com

Hey guys, are we still on today?

Dan Krol

Mar 27, 2024, 10:21:31 PMMar 27
to Alexei Karpov, sandst...@googlegroups.com
For anyone else, we're on now. We had a hiccup in starting on time.

Dan Krol

Apr 2, 2024, 3:01:45 PMApr 2
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Starting this week I've added a new section for "big ticket" items that I think we should probably check in on each week so we don't lose track, even if it's a 5 second thing.

Time:

Wednesday, April 03, 21:00 (USA Central Time)

Thursday, April 04, 02:00 (UTC)

Meetings last one hour

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Add updates you'd like to share (totally optional) and/or ideas you'd like to discuss.

Last Week Summary:

Dan got Hockeypuck (PGP server) to start up in a grain using Troy's Postgres workaround. Next step is fixing a bug with restarting.

Troy got some Sandcats-on-Cloudflare-workers work done. Basic static file serving works, looking at storage next.

We discussed some app development questions about sending emails and API calls to sleeping grains.

Alexei Karpov

Apr 3, 2024, 11:35:46 PMApr 3
to sandst...@googlegroups.com

Jacob Weisz

Apr 4, 2024, 8:59:51 AMApr 4
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
I think you might've gotten the time wrong, it looks like you sent this halfway through the hour after the meeting.

--
  Jacob Weisz

Dan Krol

Apr 4, 2024, 1:31:35 PMApr 4
to Jacob Weisz, sandst...@googlegroups.com
Did you go based on the UTC? Maybe my calculations were wrong.

Dan Krol

Apr 8, 2024, 10:30:57 PMApr 8
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Last meeting was a no-show, so we're reusing the same agenda doc link.

Time:

Wednesday, April 10, 21:00 (USA Central Time)

Thursday, April 11, 02:00 (UTC)

Meetings last one hour

Jitsi Meet Room: `sandstorm-community` if you have the app, or else visit https://meet.jit.si/sandstorm-community

Add updates you'd like to share (totally optional) and/or ideas you'd like to discuss.

Dan Krol

Apr 17, 2024, 4:50:54 PMApr 17
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Going forward, meeting announcements will be made on the new Sandstorm User Group mailing list (and, depending on how signups go, perhaps also on the new Dev mailing list). Make sure to migrate to one or both of those new lists. See Jacob's announcement on this here in case you missed it: https://groups.google.com/g/sandstorm-dev/c/yeIgqG7Flew

For the time being, I will also link to the announcements on this thread. The next meeting is tonight: https://groups.io/g/sandstorm-user-group/message/1

Dan Krol

Apr 23, 2024, 5:41:52 PMApr 23
to sandst...@googlegroups.com