Wordpress version is quite old

Mihai C

Mar 7, 2022, 8:49:40 AM3/7/22
to Sandstorm Development
Are there plans to update Wordpress? I tried to install a plugin (Jetpack) and it said that it needed a newer version of Wordpress. And I guess there are many new features (and maybe bug fixes) that are worth the upgrade. Thanks.

Mihai C

Mar 7, 2022, 8:51:12 AM3/7/22
to Sandstorm Development
Forgot to put up the versions: the Sandstorm one is 4.9.8, and the current Wordpress version is 5.9.1. And it looks like the Sandstorm one hasn't been updated (taking this from git) since 2018.

Jacob Weisz

Mar 7, 2022, 12:53:12 PM3/7/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
There is nobody currently working on maintaining that package at present, unfortunately. It would be awesome if someone steps up to work on it again, but it is a bit of a hairy package to hack on.

--
  Jacob Weisz