Announcement about Ian Denhardt / zenhack

Jake W

Jul 14, 2023, 11:44:47 AM7/14/23
to Sandstorm Development
Hello,

Christine has shared the following with us this morning on IRC. I don't really have anything to add at this moment, but I am broadcasting this as-received in case anyone would like to attend tomorrow.

<cwebber> I'm sad to announce that isd / Ian Denhart / zenhack has passed away
<cwebber> I left some details here https://octodon.social/@cwebber/110712988569475393
<cwebber> we are hosting an online hacking/crafting event in their memory tomorrow, if you'd like to come https://octodon.social/@fossandcrafts/110713028253701769

Troy Farrell

Jul 16, 2023, 1:24:09 PM7/16/23
to Sandstorm Development
Ugh.  Death comes for each of us eventually.  For zenhack, this felt too soon.  I really appreciated the way that Ian was helpful and approachable.  See this issue for a recent example:

So long, Ian.  I was looking forward to working on Tempest with you.  Our acquaintance was too short.

Troy

Alexei KARPOV - Hrbr.Life

Jul 18, 2023, 10:04:17 AM7/18/23
to Jake W, Sandstorm Development
Awful news.
My condolences to the surviving partner and those who knew him.

Asheesh Laroia

Jul 25, 2023, 9:46:30 PM7/25/23
to Sandstorm Development
Jake, I appreciate you sharing the news.

I had the pleasure of getting to know Ian through the Boston/Cambridge free software scene. I will miss Ian. Sending my condolences to all who knew him.

Asheesh