Dmft Cloud

Apr 3, 2024, 1:50:36 PMApr 3
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Hello when I try to finish my install I cannot get my new token web page to load. I have tried several browsers.

Dan Krol

Apr 3, 2024, 1:54:32 PMApr 3
to Dmft Cloud, sandst...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Could you clarify what you mean by "new token web" page? What do you see on your terminal at the end of the installation process? What sort of error do you see in your browser?

On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 1:50 PM 'Dmft Cloud' via Sandstorm Development <sandst...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello when I try to finish my install I cannot get my new token web page to load. I have tried several browsers.

Jacob Weisz

Apr 3, 2024, 2:23:06 PMApr 3
to Dan Krol, Dmft Cloud, sandst...@googlegroups.com
I think they are referring to the admin token URL displayed on completion of an install. So my guess is if the server is not reachable at this point we are talking DNS or port forwarding issues.

Is this installed on a physical box in your house/office/etc. or on a cloud provider? Did you use Sandcats for the subdomain?

--
  Jacob Weisz

Dmft Cloud

Apr 4, 2024, 8:04:51 PMApr 4
to Dan Krol, Jacob Weisz, sandst...@googlegroups.com
This is correct on what I mean. I am trying to install on debian running on proxmox. I also am recovering an old sandcats domain. Here is a pic attached of my output which is a successful installation but the url to finish the installation just loads forever until it times out. I have yet to mess with dns or forwarding any ports yet.

1000032759.jpg

Jacob Weisz

Apr 4, 2024, 8:11:40 PMApr 4
to Dmft Cloud, Dan Krol, sandst...@googlegroups.com
If you're using Sandcats, you're going to need the port your Sandstorm server runs on to be accessible from your public IP address since Sandcats is just a dynamic DNS provider that will resolve to your public IP. (If you run internal DNS you may be able to bypass this for local access, by creating your own resolution for your Sandcats wildcard DNS to an internal IP. I do this so I can access my Sandstorm locally even when my Internet is down.)

--
  Jacob Weisz

Attachments:
  • 1000032759.jpg