Fwd: Healthy Hood: Giving Tuesday

1 view

Walter Coleman

Nov 30, 2021, 7:54:32 PM11/30/21
to familias-...@googlegroups.com, sanctuar...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tanya Lozano <tjloza...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 6:32 PM
Subject: Fwd: Healthy Hood: Giving Tuesday
To: Walter Coleman <wrevc...@gmail.com>

1.jpeg

Healthy Hood Chicago is a non-profit, holistic, health community organization dedicated to decreasing the life expectancy gap between affluent and Black/Brown communities.

Healthy Hood also bridges the generational gaps in the movement, educating through revolutionary material and activating a conscious collective through Political Education (P.E). Healthy Hood Chicago continues to provide $5 fitness classes, Hood Kidz programs, Political Education, Direct Services and COVID-19 Relief through partnerships with local Chicago Food Banks, WE GOT US Hotline, Vaccine clinics every Tuesday for the community, and FREE COVID-19 tests every Monday through Saturday.

Through our WE GOT US program, we have created Survival Days throughout communities in Chicago to make sure our Black and Brown communities can unite and bring resources that are much needed like free groceries and meals, free HIV and COVID-19 testing, PPE distribution, and now, FREE vaccines and booster shots. Our Voter Engagement is important to us!

In 2020, we partnered up with Chicago Votes to give out voter guides to our communities. We registered people to vote. We partnered up with LYFT to give people FREE rides to the polls. This all helped increase voter registration and turnout within our youth and our Black and Brown communities.

Join us this #GivingTuesday to help us continue to give all these resources to not only Pilsen, but all of Chicago. Help us continue to decrease the life expectancy gap between our communities. Help us continue to educate our next generation of community leaders through revolutionary material and activating a conscious collective. No one got us like WE GOT US!

To donate this #GivingTuesday, please visit http://www.healthyhoodchi.com/donate or click the link in our bio under ‘DONATE’