Fw: Registration open for the 2022 Annual Session plus other announcements

1 view

Jerry McBride

Jun 10, 2022, 12:00:09 PM6/10/22
to San Mateo Quaker Worship Group
1- Pacific Yearly Meeting Annual Session
Registration for the 2022 Annual Session is now open!
Information HERE or on the Pacific Yearly Meeting website (pacificyearlymeeting.org) to register to attend either in person at Mount Madonna Center in the Santa Cruz Mountains or on Zoom. In this 75th Jubilee year of our Yearly Meeting, the Annual Session, Friday, July 22 through Wednesday, July 27, is pay-as-led, and to encourage our younger Friends to attend, those who are 18 years of age and under will be our guests (no contribution requested for these Friends).

The Annual Session Information page on the Pacific Yearly Meeting website includes a lot of information, including our Safety Policy for in-person attenders, information for children and teens, and details about interest groups and other programs.

This year we will be holding some of our interest groups before Annual Session on Saturday, July 16, and the Sunday afterward, Sunday, July 31. If you are only interested in attending interest groups on Zoom outside of Annual Session, please contact the Assistant to the Clerk, Heather, at assistant...@pacificyearlymeeting.org for those links.

2- Friends General Conference
Registration for the Friends General Conference Gathering is also open! The Gathering is completely virtual this year for adults but will have an in-person component available in Radford, Virginia for Young Adult Friends and Youth. Registration closes on June 19 for this program, which takes place July 6-10, 2022. You can learn more here or visit the FGC website at fgcquaker.org

3- Camps
Ben Lomond Quaker Center and Sierra Friends Center will be holding camps for children and teens this summer, and Quaker Center plans to hold its annual work camp for families. For details please see the Quaker Center website here or visit quakercenter.org, and the Sierra Friends Center website here or visit woolman.org/camp

And an additional note, please do let us know if there's anything we can do to support Friends who would like to attend the Pacific Yearly Meeting 2022 Annual Session in July. You can reach Heather at assistant...@pacificyearlymeeting.org or Bronwen at administrat...@pacificyearlymeeting.org We're here to help!

Thanks
  - Bronwen