Fw: SF Chron - nice profile of Barbara Lee's AUMF campaign

Paula Stinson

Jun 18, 2021, 2:35:46 PM6/18/21
to sfquakers, San Mateo Quaker Worship Group
There is a lot of movement right now on FCNL"s "repeal the 2002 AUMF (Authorization for use of Military Force) campaign. The House voted approval of a first-ever stand alone bill on Thursday, which Biden has said he will sign.

The Senate votes next week, and our state advocacy group has succeed in getting Sens Feinstein and Padilla to sign on as co-sponsors. We all hope for success, finally. Then we start to work on repealing the 2001 AUMF (which will be much harder.)

I remember the meetings and protests and "Boots" and "Blankets" campaigns that we did with AFSC in 2001, 2002 and 2003 (and beyond) to protest the wars, and am amazed, but not surprised, that here we are 20 years later.

Paula Stinson