Death penalty in San Mateo County statement

1 view

Jerry McBride

Jul 26, 2021, 2:42:35 PM7/26/21
to San Mateo Quaker Worship Group
Dear Friends,

I'm writing to you about a serious situation here locally. The San Mateo District Attorney, John Wagstaffe, is actively expediting the prosecution of death penalty cases despite the governor's moratorium on executions in California. There are a number of local groups working to encourage him to stop doing this. Here is the statement drafted collectively by these groups which individuals and organizations can sign.

If you would like more information about this situation, please contact me. If you agree with the statement, please consider signing it as an individual. It will be most effective if you can do this by September 15.

Also, please let me know if you would like the San Mateo Quaker Worship Group to sign the statement.

Peace,

Jerry