Seals U11 team for the Fall

Shani Simpson

Feb 2, 2011, 10:45:13 PM2/2/11
to San Francisco Seals Juniors
Dear SF Soccer Parents,

After discussions with many families in San Francisco who are still
looking for a professionally run, locally based, competitive youth
soccer program/team based right here in the City for their kids (I
know many of you are currently traveling to the East Bay, Marin, &
Peninsula), I am writing to get a preliminary sense of your potential
level of interest in having your current U10/U9 son join a U11 Boys
soccer team forming for the 2011-2012 season under the umbrella of the
San Francisco Seals, http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=sfseals.
For those of you who express interest, the Seals will host a sample
practice and informational meeting on a Saturday morning in late
February/early March (date still TBD).

The Seals have a long soccer history in San Francisco and operate
teams and clinics/camps at the following levels:
College Age Level: U23 Men; U20 Men under the United Soccer League
Professional Development League Program, http://pdl.uslsoccer.com/.
Youth Age Level: Two U16 Boys; U13 Boys; U11 Girls under the US Club
Soccer umbrella, http://www.usclubsoccer.org/.
Junior Clinics/Camps, http://www.leaguelineup.com/miscinfo.asp?menuid=40&cmenuid=40&url=sfseals&sid=383460022.
Based on discussions with Shani Simpson, who runs the Seals Youth
Academy, and is a long-time youth soccer coach and former professional
soccer player, here is the team proposal:

A U11 Boys team consisting of 12-14 players. Depending on how many
players we attract and their ages, it could be a U10 team or both.
Shani and the Seals professional coaches will manage the on-field
activities, including making all roster, playing time, and position
decisions. I will serve as the "team manager" to handle many of the
communication/administrative matters.
The emphasis will be on long-term player development through skills
based training in twice a week 1.5 hour practices and weekend
tournament play approximately once every 4-6 weeks over a 8-10 month
season. The team will not play in the CYSA sponsored San Francisco
Viking League, CYO, or a similar league so your child could remain
with a team in one of those leagues in addition to joining our team.
Based on a 12 player roster, the approximate cost for the 3 hours of
practice per week with the Seals professional coaches will be
approximately $50 a month per player ($400-500 annually for an 8-10
month season). This an incredibly competitive price as those of you
have kids participating in any of these types of programs in any sport
certainly know. The other costs will be tournament entry fees,
practice field fees, and some minor administrative and uniform fees,
which we are anticipating will bring the total monthly cost for the
program to approximately $100 or even less ($800-1000 annually for an
8-10 month season).
Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you have interest
in what I think will be a terrific experience for your soccer loving
child.

Regards,

Dan (Jake's Dad)

dhi...@yahoo.com