Reminder and update on the climate rally this Sunday

John Reaves

Feb 15, 2013, 6:34:05 PM2/15/13
to san-diego-region-ag...@googlegroups.com, John Reaves

A reminder that this Sunday is the big rally! If you have not already RSVP'd on our Facebook page, please do.

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 17 – STOP THE KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE. FIGHT CLIMATE CHANGE.

IT’S TIME TO PUT BOOTS ON THE GROUND! SanDiego350.org, Citizens Climate Lobby, Sierra Club San Diego, Environmental Health Coalition, and many other organizations are organizing a rally against climate change and the Keystone XL Pipeline designed to carry dirty tar sands oil from Canada to the U.S.  Dr. James Hansen says it’s “GAME OVER” for the climate if Keystone is approved. We are also urging leaders it is time to move forward fighting climate change.

Join us in supporting the national protest called by the Sierra Club and 350.org against the Keystone XL in Washington, D.C. on Feb 17. Protests are also happening in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Monterey, and cities all across the country.

Our speakers include San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, Scripps Oceanography Professor Jeffrey Severinghaus, Sierra Club San Diego Chair and Former Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, Palomar UU Minister Rev. Dr. Beth Johnson and green business owner and veteran Elizabeth Perez-Halperin, Tierra Gonzalez-Hammond (teenage daughter of Lorena Gonzalez), and Franco Garcia, organizer with Environmental Health Coalition. We’ll have music by Charlie Imes, a Singing Telegram to President Obama by the Occupella Chorus, and lots of signs and banners.

Let’s see if we can make this the biggest environmental rally ever in San Diego and demand local as well as national action on climate change. We urge you, your group members, family, and friends to be there and let your voice be heard.

WHEN: Sunday, February 17, 2013 1-3 pm

WHERE: Mission Bay Park by the Visitor’s Center, East Mission Bay Drive @ Clairemont Drive (west of the I-5), San Diego, CA 92109.

HOW YOU CAN HELP MAKE THIS EVENT A SUCCESS:

1)      Forward this email to your friends and family and urge them to attend.

2)      Put a link to our event on your website.

3)      Post our event on facebook & twitter, etc.

WHAT TO WEAR: Please wear all black

RSVP TODAY:    Facebook event      Website

To get involved (we need help with promotion, props, day of tasks and more), email volu...@sandiego350.org

Let’s WAKE UP San Diego to the strength and commitment of our environmental community! We look forward to seeing you February 17th.

John Reaves 619-525-0035