iBeacon Talk

Daniel

Aug 12, 2014, 3:15:48 AM8/12/14
to san-diego-iph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys, sorry for the self promotion...  I just want to let everyone know I'll be giving an introductory talk about iBeacons at this month's RefreshSD meetup taking place tomorrow evening.

Some background:
The startup I work for did a (somewhat successful) iBeacon-tracker Kickstarter earlier this year: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/xyfindit/xy-the-secure-tracking-tag.
Since then, we had to develop our custom BLE/iBeacon firmware based on the TI CC2541 SoC, as well as the companion tracking apps for iOS and Android.  We learned a lot (and still learning) through this process;  I intend to share some interesting tidbits at this talk.  If you are curious about iBeacons or proximity technologies in iOS 7 or 8, I encourage you to come and check it out.

daniel