Dont' feed the trolls

James Jennings

Jul 29, 2014, 1:52:48 PM7/29/14
to san-diego-iph...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

There's been an uptick in recruitment spam coming through to the group recently. Everybody has their own opinion, but I'm of the mind that posts about in-town, iOS-centric gigs are OK, everything else is a judgement call.

If a message gets through that's inappropriate, can I suggest:
1) Email the person directly, and say why the topic is inappropriate (note that the reply-to address for messages from the group is probably not what you expect)
2) Log into the group on Google (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/san-diego-iphone-developers) and mark the topic as spam

For me, a reply-all to spam is still spam. If nothing else, take the spam as a confirmation that you're interested in an in-demand technology ;)

I'd be interested in hearing more topics about what people are up to - who's shipped something recently? Who's attended/will attend conferences? I see the Meetup groups are blowing up too - how are those going?

JJ