Call for Participation: Component Maintenance Interest Group

James R. Griffin III

Feb 18, 2022, 9:53:51 AM2/18/22
to samvera-tech
Hello Everyone,

Following lengthy periods of inactivity for the Core Component Maintenance Working Group, I would like to please issue a call for participation addressing the proposed formation of a Component Maintenance Interest Group (please find the proposed charter at the following: https://samvera.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/samvera/pages/1813479425/Proposed+Component+Maintenance+Interest+Group). Please note that one of the aims of this Interest Group would be to address the conclusion of the current phase of this Working Group (https://samvera.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/samvera/pages/467042359/Component+Maintenance+Working+Group+Phase+4), and have this replaced.

I please propose that there be such a shift towards an Interest Group in order to ensure that non-partner organizations need not be necessary in order to quickly establish this, and to begin planning revival efforts aimed towards core component maintenance.

As this aims to be an open and inclusive effort, I implore anyone simply interested to join. I have a Doodle Poll published for seeking to scheduling a date and time for the initial meeting: https://doodle.com/poll/b4s6ztzvf4y88wfm?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link. Please be aware that I will also be adding this as an agenda item for the next scheduled Samvera Tech Call.

Thank you very much for your ongoing patience, support, and attention, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
James Griffin