Branch Renaming Working Group

Jeremy Friesen

Jul 31, 2020, 4:00:13 PM7/31/20
to samver...@googlegroups.com
Today was the first meeting for the Samver Branch Renaming Working group (see notes and agenda).

As we are operating on a quick time frame, we want to communicate our present intention is to recommend using "main" as the default branch instead of "master".

What we need from you as the community is to know our intention, and to offer any feedback on changing to "main". We're not looking for feedback as to whether we should change from "master" but instead on whether "main" is the best option.

We would like your feedback by August 14th at 12pm EDT so we can discuss and move forward in our August 14th meeting.

NOTE: We are not changing the branch names at this time.

--

Jeremy Friesen