Join us in crafting the future of Samvera.org with NextJS!

Heather Greer Klein

Apr 25, 2024, 3:13:11 PMApr 25
to samvera-...@googlegroups.com, samver...@googlegroups.com
Calling all JavaScript enthusiasts and full-stack developers at Samvera adopter institutions -  We're gearing up for some exciting developments on the new Samvera.org website, and we could really use your expertise to make it shine.

If you're someone who's been itching to dive into a NextJS repository, please consider volunteering to help us with this project. Whether you're curious about front-end development or the full-stack experience, there's something here for everyone.

Adam Arling from Northwestern University is currently leading this development work in collaboration with the Samvera Outreach & Engagement Working Group. Adam is an excellent mentor and would be more than happy to guide you through the process, whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting out with NextJS.

So, if you're up for the challenge or even just a casual exploration, don't hesitate to reach out to me or Adam via Samvera Slack or on GitHub. You can find the list of open issues right here: GitHub Issues

You're also welcome to join our next Outreach and Engagement Group meeting on Wednesday, May 1st, at 11AM EDT - all are welcome.

Thanks,
Heather
-----
Heather Greer Klein (she/her/hers)
Samvera Community Manager
Working from Durham, NC (US Eastern Time Zone), on land traditionally cared for by the Shakori and Eno peoples.