Output of Authoritative Data Working Group

Lynette Rayle

Feb 22, 2021, 11:01:36 AM2/22/21
to samvera-...@googlegroups.com

Announcement of the Completion of the First Charter of the Best Practices for Authoritative Data Working Group

The Best Practices for Authoritative Data Working Group has completed its initial charge.  The group was composed of catalogers who use authoritative data, application developers who provide access to authoritative data, and authoritative data providers who want to facilitate the use of their data.

In this first charter, we identified common use cases and then refined them into specific user stories from the perspective of catalogers, developers, and providers.  We invited participation by the broader PCC community to help prioritize the user stories.

From our work, we produced two documents:

E. Lynette Rayle, as the facilitator, would like to thank all members of the working group who committed significant time to move forward our understanding of working with authoritative data.  Christine Eslao (Harvard), Nancy Fallgren (National Library of Medicine), Steven Folsom (Cornell), Kevin Ford (Library of Congress), Kirk Hess (OCLC), Justin Littman (Stanford), Jeremy Nelson (Stanford), Jens Ohlig (WikiData), Lydia Pinstcher (WikiData), Tiziana Possemato (ShareVDE), Rob Sanderson (Yale), Nate Trail (Library of Congress), Hetty van Zutphen (ISNI)

Have feedback?  We would like to hear from you. -- Please complete by end of day Monday, March 8, 2021.

Next Steps - Action Requested

We are looking to continue to move this work forward and have identified several potential next topics to focus on.  We would like to solicit your feedback to help us prioritize what to focus on next.  You will also have an opportunity to express interest in helping to move this work forward by participating in the next charter.

Please complete this very short survey to help prioritize potential next topics for the group.

ACTION - Respond to Survey: Prioritize Potential Topics for Second Charter of Best Practices for Authoritative Data Working Group -- Please complete by end of day Monday, March 8, 2021.